Texas.gov provides portal and payment services for Texas state agencies and other governmental customers to cost-effectively conduct business with their citizens. Texas.gov reduces time to market for government entities by eliminating the need for a costly and complex procurement process while delivering applications and technologies that meet or surpass state and federal requirements for security, accessibility, and – where needed – integration with USAS.
Learn how Texas.gov can help your agency streamline business processes, create cost savings, and operate more efficiently by visiting Texas.gov’s new Enterprise Technology Solutions page.
Texas.gov also hosts more than 1000 online services for more than 100 publicly-funded customers. Examples of the types of secure, accessible, mobile-enabled government services available include:
- Licenses and permits
- Utility, fee or fine payments
- Enrollment in state programs and services
- Vital records (birth, death and marriage certificates)
- Driver license renewals and driver records review
- Vehicle registration renewals and specialty license plates
Read the 2012 Report on Texas.gov – PDF (446 KB, 9 pages) – About file formats.
What Does Texas.gov Offer?
Texas.gov offers secure, accessible, and cost-efficient applications for eGovernment business. Texas.gov provides:
Customer Service for real-time web support via phone, chat or email to address the needs of agencies and citizens.
Payment Processing Engine which exceeds industry and state security standards, and, for Texas state agencies, is fully integrated with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts USAS application.
Application Development that includes designing, building, and hosting online applications and services that are multi-lingual, accessible, and allow you to better serve your constituents.
Marketing to drive higher usage of your existing and new services.
Technology Management such as infrastructure, network communications, multi-lingual websites, accessible web design, and security for your web-based eGovernment services.
Training to ensure your organization can use and manage its web-based content.
Proven Success as each month Texas.gov processes
- more than 2 million transactions averaging over $400 million.
Since its beginning in 2000, Texas.gov has:
- Had almost 218 million site visits
- Processed over 190 million financial transactions
- Collected over $29 billion on behalf of participating entities
- Contributed over $142 million to the Texas State Treasury